Annually, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and Total Upstream Companies in Nigeria (TUCN): Total Exploration & Production Nigeria Limited (Total E&P Nig Ltd) and Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI), together with their venture partners, award scholarships to deserving Nigerian students in the tertiary institutions in the country. The programme is aimed at promoting academic excellence and quality manpower development in the Country. This is one of the many ways TOTAL demonstrates its commitment to the educational development of Nigerian students. It is a part of TOTAL’s rich Corporate Social Responsibility.
The Application Forms for the 2016/2017 National Merit Scholarship is now available on there site. The form must be completed online. The application is open between 24th October and midnight 13th November, 2016.
Eligibility To qualify for consideration, the applicant MUST:
1. Be a Registered FULL TIME undergraduate in a recognized Nigerian University.
2. Be a certified 100 or 200 level student at the time of application Show proof of SSCE or Equivalent Certificate.
3. Show proof of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) score.
4. Show proof of Admission letter from the University and Matriculation Number Show proof of A-level or Equivalent Certificate (for direct entry students)
PLEASE NOTE: Students with less than 200 score in UTME need not apply Students with less than 2.50 CGPA of 5-point scale, or equivalent need not apply 300 level students and above need not apply Current beneficiaries of similar awards from other International Oil Companies (IOCs) need not apply.
How To Apply:
1. Personal Information: Enter your name, date of birth and permanent home address Upload your recent passport photograph.
2. Contact Information: Enter your email and mobile phone information. Only use an active email and mobile phone number.
3. Origin: Enter your state and local government of origin data. You are required to upload a certificate or proof of origin from your local government or state.
4. University Information: Select your university, course and year of study. You will be required to upload your JAMB/University admission letter.
5. Result Information: Input your JAMB score or CPGA. You are required to upload your JAMB statement of result and university CPGA. For year two medical students, your JAMB score suffices.
6. Review Application: Review your application ensure all fields have been correctly entered. Upload all the documents required: Recent Passport Photograph Certificate or Proof of Origin Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE) UTME result JAMB/University Admission Letter 1st Year Result showing CGPA
7. Conclusion: Attest that all info given is true. Accept terms and condition. On screen alert will confirm that you have successfully completed the application. You will receive an email to confirm this too.