THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECNOLOGY, AKURE STUDENTS’ UNION PRESENTS VOCATIONAL TEAM (VOTE):
The Federal University of Technology, Akure Vocational Team (VOTE) is delighted to announce the call for applications. VOTE is dedicated to using new inventions to make dedicated solutions for our customers with sharp minds and cross functional teamwork, working diligently with innovation and development as basis of its growth. The team honours and encourages innovative achievements that contribute toward developing new products, increasing efficiency or saving cost, as well as promoting among members the pursuit of business opportunities with potential of contributing to sustainable developments in FUTA and in Nigeria at large.
It is important to note that: Today’s job market values ambitious, innovative, perceptive team players. VOTE foster these qualities through a forward-thinking culture where you’re close to the latest ideas and global trends. Whatever your career goals may be, VOTE will give you valuable skills and a competitive advantage for your future.
VOTE is focused on:
• Mobilizing leaders from all sectors of vocation to fuel innovative solutions
• Encouraging entrepreneurs, innovators, funding bodies and business development service providers to exchange ideas and explore innovative business opportunities.
• Providing a gallery facility for members to aid exhibition of their products and brand.
• Creating a web site for the purpose of exhibition and advert placements of our product and services to encourage business opportunities at both local and global level.
VOTE anticipates contributing to the following outcomes:
• A strong FUTARIAN innovation ecosystem and improved contract opportunities.
• First Contact- Match members to top business employers via intelligent e-mails landing in their box.
• Planet Career Advice- inhibiting members by insights into business careers and orbital by application advice.
• Milk round system- transforming members into becoming a business star with internships, placements, graduate jobs & schemes from leading companies.
• Increased commercialization of research and development (R&D) outputs in FUTA
• Increased funding of start-ups, adoption of new and emerging business ventures and accelerated growth of an innovative and dynamic private sector; and
• Increased economic activity and student’s team led development that results in lasting impact.
2. Application guidelines.
You should consider obtaining an application form if you are an innovative entrepreneur or inventor with an innovation that could potentially provide a Nigerian solution to some of the country’s every day challenges. Below are specific guidelines on who can apply and how to apply:
• Eligible innovator MUST be a FUTARIAN. Students in the Diaspora can also apply if their innovations are of significance for Nigeria.
• You are to obtain an application form from the office of the Welfare Director at the students’ Union building.
• A fully completed application form with a full description of the innovation/vocation must accompany each submission; otherwise the entry will be disqualified.
• Each mandatory question on the application form MUST be answered or the application will be deemed incomplete and disqualified.
• The application form charges is N500. Purchase of forms commence on Tuesdays 3rd May, 2016.
Note: VOTE provides an opportunity for innovators from a wide spectrum of acquired skills and vocations these includes fashion designer, interior decoration, cake making & confectioneries, laundry & dry-cleaning, event planner, bead making & wire works, leather works, soap/disinfectant making, screen printing, wood carving, foundry works, phone/system’s repairer, electrician, barber, hair dresser, painter, bricklayer, carpentry, tiling, graphics design, ushering etc.
For more information regarding the Vocational Team application form or activities/routines, please visit the office of the welfare Director at the Students' Union building or contact:
Richard Adebisi Ajayi – FUTASU Welfare Director.
A.K.A Richie Telephone: 08138231123
Email: [email protected]
Omidele Sodiq – FUTASU Public Relations Officer.
A.K.A Cidheek Telephone: 08136878210
Email: [email protected]
3. CLOSING DATE.
The closing date for the purchase of forms is Friday, 31st May 2016 at 23:59h GMT.