A few days ago the ex ASA vice president (comrade Doyin) took to the associations group on whatsapp to post the message below signed by the ex ASA President (archijoe) on the 2.4million naira scandal, trust asaites na, they reacted to it... You would see screenshots of comments of members of asa below.
I would advise you to Grab a cup of coffee as u begin to read her post.
Her post is as follows...
"DID ARCHIJOE EMBEZZLE #2.4 MILLION?
Financial matters in an association or Union is so important that it has to be handled with utmost sensitivity. This is because every member (financial and non-non-financial) will always want to know how money is being made and spent. This fact is not unknown to the 2014/2015 ASA executives led by Com. Oluwasanjo O. Joshua (ARCHIJOE). Our swearing-in into office on the 18th of March, 2015 was such that raised great hope for the association and challenged us to do all that was humanly possible not to betray the trust was placed on us.
It was in this consciousness that we worked tirelessly using democracy, transparency, unity, dexterity and fidelity as administrative tools. Members of the association, some close lecturers, (including the S.A) and members and leaders of neighboring associations are living witnesses to the high level of administrative prowess that was displayed by the leadership of ASA.
Conscience and the spirit of service to humanity cum consciousness of the fact that everyone will be accountable to his /her maker on the last day will not permit us to misbehave. Owing to this fact, as we prepare to round off our activities in office, all necessary reports and notes were duly prepared to give asaites and the general public a detail of our stewardship. The reports include stewardship report, handing over note for the incoming executives, inventory note and financial report. Prior to that time,mid-term report had been presented at the level of a mid-term Congress.
It is import to note that the record of our achievement in office was carefully spelt out and duly commended by all and sundry (including I. T returnees and alumi). We are proud to say that we have successfully restored ASA to what it used to be in terms of programs, finances, administration and uniqueness. May God help the incumbent executives to build on it.
THE BONE OF CONTENTION
The noise that has spread allover campus is that we embembezzled #2.4 million and the questions that come to mind are "could this be true" ? "what is the source of the Money"? Stalites are particular about the annual due they pay. This the more reason why some are interested in the financial report. If it is about the due, how much could that be? Is 500 naira x 512 students equal to #2.4 million? Well, maybe this will help the rumour bearers and defamers of character to pause and take a brief reflection. Let me categorically state that I'm not bothered by the rumour. No matter how good or bad an administration is, it cannot be satisfactory to all. That is the nature of man but wisdom demands that we seek information always.
THE ORIGIN OF THE RUMOUR
On the....... Day of...... 2015, the final Congress of the association held which was presided over by the vice president of the association, Com. Okunoye Adedoyin. The financial report of the association as prepared by Com. David Olumide and Com. Daniel and Com. Oluwasanjo Joshua (financial sec., treasurer and president respectively) was to be read by the financial secretary. Prior to the reading, the report had been distributed to congressmen so that they can follow while the Financial sec read. Just before the reading began, some Congressmen raised the following observations.
1. That the financial report was not prepared on the association letterhead paper
2. That the financial report wasn't signed and dated.
These observations led to deliberation. Some were of the opinion that it can still be read, some argued that it should be duly signed, dated and prepared on the association letterhead paper before it is been accepted. Others were saying time constraint will not permit the treating of the report. The motion that the report should be duly signed, dated and prepared on the association letterhead paper scaled through. Therefore the Congress unanimously agreed that the report be presented in 48hours.
As excos that were ready to serve, we went back and did as instructed. All we did was just to print the report on the association letterhead and append our signatures and date duly. We are to re-present the financial report on Friday by 4:00pm according to the motion. Using our discretion as executives, Friday has never been a favorable day for Congress in ASA. Most students avoid Friday lectures and the few lectures that hold on Friday terminates before the Muslims praying hour. Moreover, 4:00pm is an odd time for Congress. As at 4:00pm that Friday, there were less than 10students in the studios. We don't want to act like disobedient executives, therefore, we came up with an alternative means of presentation which was to paste the report on all ASA notice boards, the departmental notice board and all studios including masters studios. This will enable everyone to have access to it, even those who will not come to Congress, instead of having a Congress with 7students in attendance. Moreover, the mode of the presentation of the report wasn't stated in the motion.
NOTE: All the Congressmen at the level of the previous Congress already had access to the report and they have seen that the total income during the tenure was #2.4 million. The financial report has not been duly looked into. There are two sides to a financial report: income/revenue and expenditure. Also, it is important to note that a copy of the financial report has been given each to the staff adviser and the H.O.D.
The idea of not holding a Congress was not satisfactory to some students claiming to be stakeholders. They started spreading the rumour that we have embembezzled ##2.4 million and that we are not ready to present the financial report. Therefore, they called for an emergency Congress. When I got the notice, I was dumbfounded. "stakeholders" who do not know how to call for an emergency Congress. At end end of the notice was written "signed:classreps" I put a call through to the class reps and none of them claimed to know anything about the notice. Impersonation! The Constitution has a provision for calling for an emergency Congress. My experience in the business of student leadership and the Constitution will not permit me to honour such false call for Congress by some power-power-driven and selfish "stakeholders".
We don't want to sound like executives who are afraid of a Congress or presenting a financial report we canot defend anywhere. We wrote a publication through the office of the Pro titled: RESPONSE TO CALL FOR AN EMERGENCY CONGRESS. This is to make it known to everyone that we are not unskilled or untrained excos. We know what is right and how matters should be addressed. We cannot be tossed like dice in as much as we are doing all things in the interest of the association. In the publication, we stated why the call for emergency Congress is not going to be valid and explained the due process therein.
* The financial system in ASA is that the due a particular tenure collects is to be left for the in-in-coming executives to work with. (basically to produce incentives and other petty projects). This is because due in ASA is collected at the tail end of the tenure
* ASA due anually is slightly above ##250,000. This due had been collected before we came into office and we met ##130,000 in the account. This implies that we met about 52% of what we are meant to work with in office. Out of the ##130,000, ##70,000 was withheld by the bank which we could not have access to until towards the end of the tenure. That means we met practically ##60,000 in the account.
* Production of incentives which is most important to most people couldn't have been our first project because we had other programs like swearing-in, frehers' orientation, materials acquisition for the secretariat (Note: The secretariat was acquired by our tenure.)
*The total income we generated (including Ghana trip, ASA week, all tickets and forms sold during programs, all financial contributions) was #2.4 million.
*Revenue on Ghana trip alone was well over #1.5 million (#25,000 x about 50 students). Some even paid #50,000 including passport.
*Since #130,000 couldn't cater for all our projects and events, we decided to shelve the production of incentives to a later date when the association will be bouyant enough to embark on such project.
* We adopted a policy that will make all our programmes and projects self-funding so as not to touch the limited fund in the association account. Most of our programmes funded themselves (ASA Dinner, Alumni reunion, health walk /aerobic session, ASA marathon, cooking competition, design competition, 25th anniversary lecture, Ghana trip and so on).
* We do not believe that a tenure can rely only on the #500 due and expect to do well. Therefore we sought for support and we got 100% sponsors and financiers for some of our projects. This we did through God's grace cum ability to write and present winning proposals, all in the interest of ASA.
* We found fault in the system of collecting due and keeping it for the next tenure to use. Therefore, after due consultation with the then 500level students, a part of the due collected by our tenure was used for incentive production. The implication is that the then 500level students will not have the incentives because the due was collected after they had graduated. The then 500level students helped in appropriating things by sacrificing their incentives. Henceforth, instead for the ASA incentives to cater for the 200level to the graduated 500level students as usual, it will cater for 100 to the current 500 level students and the tenure that collects the due for a particular year will be the same to produce incentives for that year. This information was supplied to the incumbent president.
* The incentives that were produced by our tenure has been properly distributed to all levels, 100 to 500 and all financial members now have access to it.
To this end, I OLUWASANJO. O. JOSHUA, the president ARCHITECTUTE STUDENTS ASSOCIATION, FUTA 2014/2015 session state affirmatively that the news of the embembezzled #2.4 million is only a rumour and a tool for defamation of character. It is worthy of note that at the level of the first Congress of the incumbent administration, an investigation panel was setup to look into the matter. Their reasons for not acting up till now is unknown to us. I hereby challenge them to rise up to their responsibility and carry out their investigation. They were happy when they were constituted. They should not just be interested in the name "chairman or member" of the investigation committee. They should be responsible and act duly.
Many thanks to students, lecturers, Alumni and even friends of the association who believed in us and called in to seek the truth. And to our people on the other end, a Yoruba adage refer to them as lepers. They cannot make milk but they can use all they have to cast away ready-made milk. May God strengthen your ministry like He did to the biblical pharaoh in the case of the Isrelites and reward you accordingly.
We are opened to further challenges, interrogation and enquiries.
LONG LIVE ASA FUTA!
LONG LIVE ARCHITECTUTE DEPARTMENT!!
LONG LIVE FUTA!!!
Com. Oluwasanjo O Joshua
ASA PRESIDENT, 2014/2015 SESSION."
See the reactions...
If you took your time to read this, you would realize they did not sort out any issues, all they did is give false information and brag about it.
Me I just have 2 to 3 questions for them...
1. If at all they met 130k, how much did they leave the association with?
2. The amount they left is it more than what they met or less than?
3. The money they left is it meant for the betterment of the association or what can it do?.